When our homes could do with a little TLC, it’s tempting to scour the internet for new accessories or head to your nearest DIY shop. But you needn’t break the bank to spruce up your abode… Why not do it yourself?
We’re launching the Betta Design Hacks competition, to find the best interior design hack the UK has to offer. So, whether you’re a whizz with a paintbrush or can work wonders with fabric, we want to see your tutorial. After all, you could win £300 worth of One4all vouchers! The perfect excuse to treat yourself at a whole range of retailers.
DIY design is a growing trend among interiors, and can help you get the latest looks for less. Take metallic colours like copper and gold. They’re adorning everything from lampshades to table legs at the moment, and are the perfect shades to experiment with. Boring plastic hangers turned gold, anyone?
Or perhaps you have the perfect DIY hack for adding some excitement to your kitchen splashback, or know the perfect way to transform an old ottoman? ‘Upcycling’ is the trend du jour, you know.
If you’re already pulling your favourite idea from your crafty repertoire, make sure you enter the Betta Design Hacks competition by committing your tutorial to virtual paper. Simply write a blog post teaching readers how to complete your hack in their own homes, and include any step-by-step snaps you think will help them along. Make sure you mention the Betta Living competition in your post, too, with a link to www.bettaliving.co.uk. Once written, you then have until 9 April to email a link to your blog post to email@example.com.
We’d love it if you could share your post on social media, using the #bettadesignhacks hashtag, so we can take a look at your DIY prowess.
BETTA LIVING – COMPETITION T&CS
1. This free competition is open to UK bloggers aged 16 years or over, excluding employees of Betta Living.
2. To enter the competition, bloggers must write a blog post about their own interior design hack, mentioning the competition in their blog post to inform readers of the details of the competition. They must notify Betta Living of their entry via email at the address firstname.lastname@example.org and use #bettadesignhacks in the post / tweets.
No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
3. The Promoter will not be liable for entries which are not received or which are incomplete, corrupt or delayed for any reason. Proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
4. The last date for receipt of entries is midday on Saturday 9th April 2016.
5. All valid entries meeting the criteria outlined in point 2 which are received by Saturday 9th April 2016 will be entered into the competition. The winner will be chosen by one independent blogger. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. There is one prize available; the winner will receive a prize of £300 in One4all gift vouchers, valid for the range of retailers stipulated on their website.
The prize cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged. Information on how to claim will be given when the successful entrant is notified of their win.
7. Multiple entries that are deemed to be spam may be disqualified at the discretion of the promoter.
The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the end date of the competition and will be required to provide their postal address before the prize can be delivered.
Email is not a secure method of transfer, so providing your address by email will be at your own risk.
The winner will have the option to provide their postal address by phone.
8. In the event that contact cannot be made with the winner by Saturday 16th April 2016, then a new winner will be selected and the original winner will forfeit the prize.
9. The winner should allow 28 days from notification of winning for delivery of the prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the prize being lost or delayed in the post.
The prize will be delivered to mainland UK, Isle of Wight and Northern Ireland only.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify from the promotion any entrant suspected of fraud or cheating including, without limitation, through the manipulation of codes, multiple computer generated entries, or otherwise fraudulently falsifying data or acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the Promoter.
12. The Promoter will not be liable for system failures, network errors, its website being unavailable, hacks on the system or personal computer issues.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final in every situation (including any not covered by these terms and conditions) and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. By entering this competition you agree that we may use your name and a photo of you for promotional purposes, including on our website, social media, within our magazine or within promotional emails. You agree that the blog post and associated imagery may also be used for promotional purposes.
15. Promoter may collect personal information from Entrants under the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data privacy laws. The Promoter will only use Entrants' information for the purposes of the administration of this competition.
16. Entry to the competition shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions and your agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately on your entry to the competition. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, then you should not enter this competition.
The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
The competition and the terms and conditions are governed by the law of England and Wales.
PROMOTER: Betta Living, Dean House, Suthers Street. Werneth, Oldham. OL9 7TH