Sometimes our mums just deserve to be spoilt for all of the wonderful things they do for us. At Betta Living, we’ve come up with the perfect solution for Mother’s Day to show our mums just how much we care. We’ve collated the three most delicious breakfast recipes we could find for our mums to enjoy from the comfort of her bed this Sunday.
Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs on a Crispy Bagel
Let’s face it – when would we ever treat ourselves to smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast? Treat your mum to this delicious luxury this Sunday…
30 g butter, plus a little extra for spreading
6 large free-range eggs
1 fresh, crusty bagel
sea salt and pepper
4 slices of smoked salmon
1 lemon, quartered
1. Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add to the saucepan. Continuously sir the eggs whilst cooking until little pieces of cooked egg are surrounded by soft runny egg.
2. Take the pan off the heat (before the egg is fully cooked as it will continue cooking in the pan when not on the stove.) Cut your bagel in half and nicely toast on both sides until golden brown. Spread generously with butter.
3. Season the eggs and pour them over the bagel.
4. Lie the salmon over the eggs and add a wedge of lemon.
Thanks for the inspiration
Pancakes with Greek Yogurt and Mixed Berries
Who said pancakes could only be enjoyed on Pancake Day? If your mums got a sweet tooth – here’s the way to her heart! We’ve found the most deliciously fresh breakfast ingredients, loaded them on pancakes and drizzled them with honey to create a mouth-watering, Greek breakfast sensation.
Pancakes: 50g plain flour, 1 egg, 150ml milk, pinch of salt & oil for frying
Topping: 400g fresh mixed berries (frozen work just as well), 1 tablespoon of honey, ¼ pot of Greek yogurt
1. Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre, break in an egg and pour in half the milk. Whisk together, gradually incorporating the flour to make a smooth, thick batter. Beat well to remove lumps, then stir in the rest of the milk.
2. Heat a little oil or butter in a frying pan, then tip off the excess into a bowl. Pour approximately 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan, tilting it as you pour, until the batter thinly coats the base. Cook over a moderate heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until golden brown on the underside.
3. Flip the pancake using a palette knife to turn it over. Cook the other side until golden brown and put in a warming oven, before cooking the remaining two pancake following the same method.
4. Slide the first pancake onto a plate and scatter with a dollop of mixed berries. Layer the second pancake on top and scatter with the remaining berries, before adding the final pancake to create the final layer.
5. Pour the Greek yoghurt over the tiered pancakes so that it trickles down each side. Dollop the remaining berries on top and drizzle all over with honey.
Fried Egg and Bacon Sandwich on Fresh White Bread
Who doesn’t love a classic hot, bacon and egg sandwich to get the taste buds going on a Sunday morning? And let’s face it, it tastes even better when someone else has made it for us…
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 2 rashers of Rindless Back Bacon
• 12g butter, softened
• 2 slices of medium sliced, farmhouse white bread
• white or brown sauce
• 1 large egg
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the bacon and cook for 3 minutes, turning until crisp on each side.
2. Butter the bread and spread with sauce of choice. Put the bacon on a piece of kitchen paper to lift the oil and keep in warming oven.
3. Break an egg into the same pan and fry for 30 seconds on a medium heat. When the white is almost cooked turn the heat down and using a metal spoon, baste the eggs with the fat.
4. Pop the egg on some kitchen paper to drain before arranging the cooked bacon on one slice of the bread.
5. Place the egg on top of the bacon and cover with the remaining bread. Serve hot.
Will you be making or receiving breakfast in bed this Mother's Day? Pop over to Facebook or Twitter and tell us about your Mother's Day ...