Create A Brain-Boosting Bedroom
Forget revision guides and home tutors, if you want to do well in exams this year it's time to streamline your surroundings and boost the brain with a blue bedroom according to new research.
As thousands of students across the UK get ready to start University in September, we revealed how providing the right kind of learning environment is just as essential to success as a good diet and solid revision timetable.
Betta Living's top tips for creating 'Brain Boosting Bedrooms' include:
1. Choose green and blue in the bedroom According to psychotherapist and author Angela Wright, gentle shades of green and blue help concentration, memory and emotional tranquility.
2. De-clutter and opt for minimalist furniture
According to Feng Shui experts clutter creates low, stagnant and confusing energy that constantly drains energy from you.
3. Use black out blinds - essential to aid sleep
Teens need at least eight and a half hours of uninterrupted sleep to leave their bodies and minds rejuvenated for the next day, say the Sleep Foundation.
4. Ensure rooms are bright during study time - mirrored furniture is great for reflecting light for maximum illumination. Sunlight lifts the mood and improves energy levels, helping you to feel more focused and motivated.
5. Open windows and have a stream of fresh air coming in to the room
A steady supply of fresh air is very important. Fresh air provides you with a steady supply of oxygen which is needed by your brain and every single cell of your body.